- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- McGraw Hill
- black & white illustrations
- 241 x 142 x 17 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 333 g
Du kanske gillar
Jeff Gothelf, Josh SeidenInbunden
Discipline Is Destiny
Leadership in the Era of Economic Uncertainty: Managing in a Downturn
The New Rules of Getting Things Done in Difficult Timesav Ram Charanthere is no better person than ram charan to provideadvice on managing in a downturn.
larry bossidy, former chairman & ceo honeywell international inc.
"this is all classic guru writing, stressing the extremity of the situation. but from charan - who has already brought us bestsellers such as Execution and what the ceo wants you to know - it seems plausible. His forte is bold advice, delivered with convincing rhetoric. And he has completed his new text just at the right time."
--Financial Times as a business leader today, you face anunprecedented challenge: the worldwideeconomic downturn. cash and credit aredwindling, sales forecasts are dismal, andmorale is sinking. this is not a time to reflect.it is a time to act, decide, and energize yourpeoplewith urgency.
This is your moment. Are you up to the task?
in Leadership in the Era of EconomicUncertainty, Ram Charan helps you steeryour business through the minefield ofcontracting markets, cash shortages, andongoing uncertainty. No matter what yourleadership role, Charans insight will helpensure that your business emerges leaner,stronger, and well in front of the competition.
we will not know when we have turned thecorner, and we cannot envision the shapeand scope of the world that will emerge,charan writes. what we can be sure of isthat this is a time of tumultuous change, andwith change come both danger and opportunity.
in this concise and highly accessibleguide, the author provides practical actionsyou can execute immediately to
- Protect cash flow vigilantly, even daily,and use cash more efficiently
- Use ground intelligence to survive thestorm and position your businessto thrive in the aftermath
- Develop a better understandingof your customers
- Reevaluate your pricing strategy andcapital expenditures
- Use cost cutting strategically
the chaos of global economic meltdown hasimposed an urgency you have never beforeexperienced. its a scary thing, but it can alsobe excitingif youre prepared.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Ram Charan
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Making Smart Decisions (with featured article 'Before You Make That Big Decision...' by Daniel Kahneman, Dan Lovallo, and Olivier Sibony)
Daniel Kahneman, Ram Charan, Ram Charan
Ram Charan is the coauthor of bestsellers Execution and Confronting Reality and the author of What the CEO Wants You to Know and 10 other books. A noted expert on business strategy, he has coached some of the world's most successful CEOs and helped companies like GE, Bank of America, Verizon, KLM, and Thomson shape and implement their strategic direction.
FOREWORD BY LARRY BOSSIDY
1. THE CHALLENGE OF MANAGING IN A TOXIC
2. AT THE HELM: What CEOs and Business Unit and CountryManagers Must Do
3. ON THE FRONT LINES:Sales and Marketing
4. MIND OVER MONEY: The Chief Financial Officer
5. MAKING IT ALL WORK: Operations
6. REFOCUSING INNOVATION: Research and Development
7. TYING IT ALL TOGETHER: The Supply Chain
8. SUPPORTING THE TEAM: Staff Functions
9. THE VIEW FROM THE TOP: The Board of Directors