- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- A.Boateng, Akwasi
- black & white illustrations
- 226 x 150 x 20 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 2:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 499 g
Du kanske gillar
Yuval Noah HarariHäftad
Stephen MarshakMixed media product
Transport Phenomena and Transport Processes1069
Rotary Kilns-rotating industrial drying ovens-are used for a wide variety of applications including processing raw minerals and feedstocks as well as heat-treating hazardous wastes. They are particularly critical in the manufacture of Portland cement. Their design and operation is critical to their efficient usage, which if done incorrectly can result in improperly treated materials and excessive, high fuel costs. This professional reference book will be the first comprehensive book in many years that treats all engineering aspects of rotary kilns, including a thorough grounding in the thermal and fluid principles involved in their operation, as well as how to properly design an engineering process that uses rotary kilns.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
This new edition contains an updated CFD section with inclusion of recent case studies and in line with recent developments covers pyrolysis processes, torrefaction of biomass, application of rotary kilns in C02 capture and information on using rotary kilns as incinerators for hydrocarbons.
- Provides essential information on fluid flow, granular flow, mixing and segregation, and aerodynamics during turbulent mixing and recirculation
- Gives guidance on which fuels to choose, including options such as natural gas versus coal-fired rotary kilns
- Covers principles of combustion and flame control, heat transfer and heating and material balances
- New edition contains information on pyrolysis processes with low temperatures and torrefaction of biomass. It also covers calcination of petcoke, how rotary kilns are used as incinerators for chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Includes updated material on CFD simulation of kiln gas and solids flow with a selection of recent case studies.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Akwasi A Boateng
Akwasi A Boateng
Pyrolysis of Biomass for Fuels and Chemicals provides a thorough overview of thermochemical conversion of biomass to fuels and chemicals via the pyrolysis platform. The book covers the principles underlying pyrolysis of biomass from the chemical e...
Dubbed "the kiln doctor, Dr. Boateng has an MS in thermo-fluids mechanics, and a Ph.D. in metals and materials process engineering with a focus on rotary kilns from the University of New Brunswick. He has authored and/or co-authored over 90 peer reviewed publications on energy, biofuels and biochemicals, minerals and materials process engineering in flagship journals. Dr. Boateng is now a Lead Scientist with the Agricultural Research Service of the USDA pursuing research in biofuels and bioenergy.
1: The Rotary Kiln Evolution & Phenomenon
2: Basic Description of Rotary Kiln Operation
3: Freeboard Aerodynamic Phenomena
4: Granular Flows in Rotary Kilns
5: Mixing & Segregation
6: Combustion and Flame
7: Freeboard Heat Transfer
8: Heat Transfer Processes in the Rotary Kiln Bed
9: Mass & Energy Balance
10: Rotary Kiln Minerals Process Applications
11: Rotary Kiln Process Design Case - Petroleum Coke Calcination
12: Rotary Kiln Environmental Applications