- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Fay, John
- Antal komponenter
Du kanske gillar
The War on the West
Contemporary Security Management729
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Contemporary Security Management, Fourth Edition, identifies and condenses into clear language the principal functions and responsibilities for security professionals in supervisory and managerial positions. Managers will learn to understand the mission of the corporate security department and how the mission intersects with the missions of other departments. The book assists managers with the critical interactions they will have with decision makers at all levels of an organization, keeping them aware of the many corporate rules, business laws, and protocols of the industry in which the corporation operates. Coverage includes the latest trends in ethics, interviewing, liability, and security-related standards.
Laddas ned direkt1189
The book provides concise information on understanding budgeting, acquisition of capital equipment, employee performance rating, delegated authority, project management, counseling, and hiring. Productivity, protection of corporate assets, and monitoring of contract services and guard force operations are also detailed, as well as how to build quality relationships with leaders of external organizations, such as police, fire and emergency response agencies, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Focuses on the evolving characteristics of major security threats confronting any organization
- Assists aspirants for senior security positions in matching their personal expertise and interests with particular areas of security management
- Includes updated information on the latest trends in ethics, interviewing, liability, and security-related standards
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av David Patterson
Mr. Fay was a special agent of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID) and later the Director of the National Crime Prevention Institute at the University of Louisville. He has held security management positions in the petroleum industry while teaching at the university level. He holds the Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Hawaii, and is a well-known and respected author of many books, including Butterworth's Security Dictionary: Terms and Concepts, Drug Testing, Encyclopedia of Security Management: Techniques and Technology, and Model Security Policies, Plans, and Procedures, all by Butterworth-Heinemann.Was a special agent of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID) and later the Director of the National Crime Prevention Institute. Former manager of security for British Petroleum's operations in the Gulf of Mexico. He was previously an adjunct professor at the University of North Florida and the University of Houston.
1. Historical Roots 2. Organizing 3. Managing People 4. Leadership and Management Skills 5. Strategy 6. Managing the Budget 7. Managing Change 8. Making Decisions 9. Managing Risk 10. Managing Guard Operations 11. Managing Physical Security 12. Managing Access Control 13. Managing Investigations 14. Pre-employment Screening 15. Managing Emergencies 16. Business Continuity 17. Managing Information Security 18. Substance Abuse 19. Executive Protection 20. Workplace Violence 21. Employee Awareness 22. Vulnerability Assessment 23. Security Program Design 24. The Terrorist Threat 25. Critical National Infrastructure