- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- P.P Shah, Maulin / Rodriguez-Couto, Susana / Kumar, Vineet
- Black & white illustrations
- 235 x 190 x 39 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 3:B&W 7.5 x 9.25 in or 235 x 191 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 1317 g
Du kanske gillar
New Trends in Removal of Heavy Metals from Industrial Wastewater2199
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
New Trends in Removal of Heavy Metals from Industrial Wastewater covers the applicable technologies relating to the removal of heavy metals from wastewater and new and emerging trends in the field, both at the laboratory and industrial scale. Sections explore new environmentally friendly technologies, the principles of sustainable development, the main factors contributing to heavy metal removal from wastewater, methods and procedures, materials (especially low-cost materials originated from industrial and agricultural waste), management of wastewater containing heavy metals and wastewater valorization, recycling, environmental impact, and wastewater policies for post heavy metal removal.
Laddas ned direkt3132
This book is an advanced and updated vision of existing heavy metal removal technologies with their limitations and challenges and their potential application to remove heavy metals/environmental pollutants through advancements in bioremediation. Finally, sections also cover new trends and advances in environmental bioremediation with recent developments in this field by an application of chemical/biochemical and environmental biotechnology.
- Outlines the fate and occurrence of heavy metals in Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTPs) and potential approaches for their removal
- Describes the techniques currently available for removing heavy metals from wastewater
- Discusses the emerging technologies in heavy metal removal
- Covers biological treatments to remove heavy metals
- Includes the valorization of heavy metal containing wastewater
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Maulin P P Shah
Maulin Shah is an active researcher and scientific writer for over 20 years. He received a B.Sc. degree in 1999 in Microbiology from Gujarat University in Godhra, Gujarat, India. He also earned his Ph.D. degree in 2005 in Environmental Microbiology from Sardar Patel University in Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, India. His research interests include biological wastewater treatment, environmental microbiology, biodegradation, bioremediation, & phytoremediation of environmental pollutants from industrial wastewaters. He has published more than 250 research papers in national and international journals of repute on various aspects of microbial biodegradation and bioremediation of environmental pollutants. He is the editor of 55 books of international repute. Susana Rodrguez-Couto (female) got her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry (Industrial Chemistry) from the University of Santiago de Compostela in 1992 and her Ph.D. in Chemistry in 1999 from the University of Vigo, obtaining the maximal grade (magna cum laude) and, in addition, she was awarded with the Extraordinary Prize for Doctoral Thesis in Chemistry. She worked as an Associate Professor and an Isidro Parga Pondal Senior Researcher at the University of Vigo (2000-2004), as a Ramn y Cajal Senior Researcher at Rovira i Virgili University (2004-2008) and as an Ikerbasque Research Professor (2009-2019). She has also worked as an Invited Researcher at the Institute from Environmental Biotechnology, Graz University of Technology (Austria) and at the Department of Biological Engineering, University of Minho (Portugal). In 2008, she received the I3 Professor from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education to the recognition of an outstanding research activity. In March 2021 she is joining LUT School of Engineering Science at Mikkeli, Finland, as a Full Professor in biological water treatment. She has published more than 140 articles in highly reputed international journals (h index 42). She is editor of several journals (3Biotech, Frontiers) and 14 Elsevier books. Vineet Kumar is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Botany at Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (GGV), Bilaspur, India and teaches Environmental Microbiology and Cell and Molecular Biology at the same Institution. Before his joining, he worked as Assistant Professor and Academic Coordinator at the Vinayak Vidyapeeth, Meerut, India. Kumar received M.Sc. and M.Phil. degree in Microbiology from Ch. Charan Singh University, Meerut, India. He earned his Ph.D. in Environmental Microbiology from Babasaheb Bhimaro Ambedkar (A Central) University, Lucknow, India and later worked at the Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University, Lucknow, India as a Guest Faculty. He was a Senior Researcher in the School of Environmental Sciences at Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India and worked on biodiesel production from oleaginous microbes and industrial sludge. He awarded a Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship by the Universit...
1. Introduction 2. Types of heavy metals and their effect in wastewater 3. Current physico-chemical treatment technologies available for remediation of different types of heavy metals from wastewater 4. Biological wastewater treatment technology; advancement and drawbacks for the remediation of heavy metals 5. Hurdles in wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) performance optimization for the remediation of heavy metals 6. Role of bacteria and algae in remediation of heavy metals from WWTPs 7. Modified and new adsorbents for the removal of heavy metals from wastewater 8. Removal of heavy metals using bentonite clay and inorganic coagulants 9. Sustainable heavy metal remediation 10. Efficient techniques for the removal of toxic heavy metals from wastewater 11. Full-Scale implementation of a vertical membrane bioreactor for remediation of heavy metals from wastewater 12. Low-cost adsorbents, techniques and heavy metal removal efficiency 13. Removal of heavy metals from mine waters by natural zeolites 14. Functionalized magnetic nanoparticles for heavy metal removal from aqueous solutions: kinetics and equilibrium modelling 15. Heavy metals in water: presence, removal and safety 16. Mechanisms of heavy metal removal using microorganisms as biosorbents 17. Heavy metal removal by bioaccumulation using genetically engineered microorganisms 18. Genetic engineering of Escherichia coli for enhanced uptake and bioaccumulation of mercury 19. New trends in removing heavy metals from industrial wastewater 20. The construction of an engineered bacterium to remove cadmium from wastewater 21. Genetic engineering of bacteria and their potential for heavy metal bioremediation 22. Biosorption and bioaccumulation - the prospects for practical applications 23. Batch and continuous removal of heavy metals from industrial effluents using microbial consortia