- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- OUP Oxford
- Honor, Tony
- black & white illustrations
- 216 x 140 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 44:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Case Laminate on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 463 g
Du kanske gillar
The Culture Map
All About Love
Character and Compilationav Tony Honor1259
This book collects Honor's groundbreaking work on the composition of Justinian's Digest, among the most important texts in Roman Law. It reconstructs the methodology of the Digest's composition, and examines the broader issues raised by the Digest's creation - how it was conceived by its compilers, its purpose, and its impact.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Tony Honor
Recensioner i media
Tammo Wallinga, Edinburgh Law Review Anyone who wants to do further research into the compilation of the Digest may find this book useful, to the extent that it presents Honor's own ideas in a slightly revised form and gives references to other relevant literature, and of course Honor's observations provide plenty of food for thought.
Tony Honore is the Regius Professor of Civil Law at Oxford University. A Professor Emeritus of All Souls College, Professor Honore has been teaching at Oxford for over sixty years. He is the author over twenty books on legal philosophy, trust law, and Roman legal history, including (with H.L.A. Hart) Causation in the Law, two editions of Ulpian, Law in the Crisis of Empire, the edited volumes Making Law Bind and Responsibility and Fault, and About Law.
1. Introduction; 2. How Tribonian organised the Compilation of Justinian's Digest; 3. The Distribution of Authors and Works to the Committees; 4. Editing the Digest; 5. Late Arrivals: The Appendix Reconsidered; 6. Some Digest Texts of Ulpian Attributed to Paul; Addendum A: Bluhme-Krueger Ordo (updated); Addendum B: Schedule of displaced texts; Bibliography; Index of Texts