- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Elsevier Science
- M.Carcione, Jos
- Color illustrations
- 229 x 152 x 42 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1323:Standard Color 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 1085 g
Du kanske gillar
Yuval Noah HarariHäftad
Robert M SapolskyHäftad
Wave Fields in Real Media
Wave Propagation in Anisotropic, Anelastic, Porous and Electromagnetic Media2186
Wave Fields in Real Media: Wave Propagation in Anisotropic, Anelastic, Porous and Electromagnetic Media examines the differences between an ideal and a real description of wave propagation, starting with the introduction of relevant constitutive relations. The differential formulation can be written in terms of memory variables, and Biot theory is used to describe wave propagation in porous media. For each constitutive relation, a plane-wave analysis is performed to illustrate the physics of wave propagation. New topics are the S-wave amplification function, Fermat principle and its relation to Snell law, bounds and averages of seismic Q, seismic attenuation in partially molten rocks, and more. This book contains a review of the main direct numerical methods for solving the equation of motion in the time and space domains. The emphasis is on geophysical applications for seismic exploration, but researchers in the fields of earthquake seismology, rock acoustics and material science - including many branches of acoustics of fluids and solids - may also find this text useful.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
- Examines the fundamentals of wave propagation in anisotropic, anelastic and porous media
- Presents all equations and concepts necessary to understand the physics of wave propagation
- Emphasizes geophysics, particularly seismic exploration for hydrocarbon reservoirs, which is essential for the exploration and production of oil
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Dopamine Nation av Dr Anna Lembke (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 2330 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Jos M. Carcione received the degree "Licenciado in Ciencias Fsicas" from Buenos Aires University in 1978, the degree "Dottore in Fisica" from Milan University in 1984 and the PhD in Geophysics from Tel-Aviv University in 1987. He was awarded the Alexander von Humboldt scholarship for a position at the Geophysical Institute of Hamburg University, where he stayed from 1987 to 1989. Dr. Carcione received the 2007 Anstey award at the EAGE in London and the 2017 EAGE Conrad Schlumberger award in Paris. He has authored several books and has published more than 360 peer-reviewed articles.
1. Anisotropic Elastic Media
2. Viscoelasticity and Wave Propagation
3. Isotropic Anelastic Media
4. Anisotropic Anelastic Media
5. The Reciprocity Principle
6. Reflection and Transmission of Plane Waves
7. Biot Theory for Porous Media
8. The Acoustic-Electromagnetic Analogy
9. Numerical Methods