- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- Open University Press
- Black & white illustrations
- 229 x 152 x 21 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 423:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Matte Lam
- 549 g
Du kanske gillar
The War on the West
The Good Research Guide: Research Methods for Small-Scale Social Research
Research Methods for Small-Scale Social Research Projects339
The Good Research Guide provides practical and straightforward guidance for those who need to conduct small-scale research projects as part of their undergraduate, postgraduate or professional studies.
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
The 7th edition covers topics in a clear, user-friendly style outlining the key points and explaining why they are important.
The new edition has been updated throughout and has additional material on topics such as social media research, online surveys, image-based research and participatory action research. It also features new chapters on how to prepare for a research project, with specific guidance on:
how to undertake a literature review
how to write a research proposal
how to ensure the research is ethical
how to locate the project within a research paradigm
Full of practical advice and valuable examples, this is the go-to book for students looking to improve their research skills.
Having this book at your side is like having your hand held from start to finish and every decision in between... I very much welcome a new edition for my students
melanie nind, professor of education, university of southampton and co-director, national centre for research methods, uk
"Comprehensively updated, this book remains the indispensable student guide to the research process It's not just good, it's great!"
dr tom clark, lecturer in research methods, the university of sheffield, uk
The text is informative, concise, and attractive. Each chapter presents sections in an easy-to-read format with further reading ideas and link ups to the numerous topics covered throughout the book.
dr alaster scott douglas, reader in the school of education, university of roehampton, uk
martyn denscombe is Emeritus Professor at De Montfort University. He has a research background in the fields of sociology, education and business studies and has published widely on research methods in the social sciences.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Martyn Denscombe
Martyn Denscombe is Professor of Social Research at De Montfort University. He graduated in sociology and then qualified as a teacher at the University of London (Goldsmiths' College). He has a PhD from the University of Leicester for research on the social organization of teaching.
part 1 preparation
1. LITERATURE REVIEW
2. RESEARCH PROPOSALS
3. RESEARCH ETHICS
4. PARADIGMS OF RESEARCH
part 2 strategies
5. SURVEYS: Looking at the general situation
6. SAMPLING: Selecting suitable people, items or events
7. CASE STUDIES: Focusing on particular examples
8. EXPERIMENTS: Controlling variables
9. ETHNOGRAPHY: Describing cultures, customs and lifestyles
10. PHENOMENOLOGY: Understanding peoples experiences
11. LIFE COURSE PERSPECTIVE: Emphasizing the significance of age and stages of life
12.GROUNDED THEORY: Developing concepts and theories
13. ACTION RESEARCH: Using research to change the situation
14. SYSTEMATIC REVIEWS: Helping evidence-based developments in policy and practice
15. MIXED METHODS: Combining quantitative and qualitative approaches
part 3 methods of data collection
19. DOCUMENTS AND IMAGES
part 4 analysis of the data
20. QUANTITATIVE DATA
21. QUALITATIVE DATA
part 5 completion
22. RESEARCH REPORTS