- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Westberg, Jacob
- black and white 1 Illustrations 1 Line drawings, black and white 45 Tables black and white
- 1 Line drawings, black and white; 45 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, black and white
- 234 x 156 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 452:B&W 6.14 x 9.21in or 234 x 156mm (Royal 8vo) Case Laminate on White w/Matte Lam
- 568 g
Du kanske gillar
Yuval Noah HarariHäftad
All About Love
Military Strategy of Great Powers
Managing Power Asymmetry and Structural Change in the 21st Century2338
This book explores the military strategies of the five system-determining great powers during the twenty-first century. The book's point of departure is that analyses of countries' defence strategies should acknowledge that states come in various shapes and sizes and that their strategic choices are affected by their perceptions of their position in the international system and by power asymmetries between more and less resourceful states. This creates a diversity in strategies that is often overlooked in theoretically oriented analyses. The book examines how five major powers - the United States, China, the United Kingdom, France and Russia - have adjusted their strategies to improve or maintain their relative position and to manage power asymmetries during the twenty-first century. It also develops and applies an analytical framework for exploring and categorising the strategies pursued by the five major powers which combines elements of structural realism with research on power transition theory and status competition. The concluding chapter addresses questions related to stability and change in the present international system. This book will be of interest to students of strategic studies, foreign policy, and International Relations.
- Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av författarna
Hakan Edstroem is an Associate Professor of Political Science and a Senior Lecturer in War Studies at the Swedish Defence University. Jacob Westberg is an Associate Professor of War Studies and a Senior Lecturer in Security Policy and Strategy at the Swedish Defence University.
1. Stability and change in great powers' strategy 2. Exploring great power strategies in an era of unipolar demise 3. Operationalising the dependent variable 4. The United States and the strategy of the unipole 5. The strategies of the contesters 6. The strategy of the conservators 7. Managing Power Asymmetry and Structural Change