- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- 2 ed
- Schoenfeld, Brad J.
- black and white 45 Tables 45 Line drawings, black and white 7 Halftones black and white 52 Illu
- 45 Tables, black and white; 45 Line drawings, black and white; 7 Halftones, black and white; 52 Illu
- 234 x 156 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 449:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Matte Lam
- 513 g
Du kanske gillar
Sweden for beginners
Advanced Personal Training
Science to Practice526
Effective fitness instruction and training programme design require an exercise specialist trainer to combine professional experience with strategies underpinned by scientific evidence. This book allows readers to develop their understanding of the scientific rationale behind important components of personal training, such as monitoring fitness and training programme design. Each chapter synthesizes the findings of cutting-edge scientific research to identify optimum training methods and dispel some myths that are prevalent in the fitness industry. The chapters within this new edition have been written by internationally renowned experts from several disciplines, including strength and conditioning, physiology, psychology, and nutrition. Contributions have also been made from esteemed academics who have conducted some of the scientific studies discussed within the book. The authors have interpreted and summarised the scientific evidence and produced evidence-based recommendations, allowing readers to explore the latest concepts and research findings and apply them in practice. The book includes several new chapters, such as evidenced based practice (EBP), and designing training programmes female clients. This second edition remains the essential text for fitness instructors, personal trainers and sport and exercise students. The book provides an invaluable resource for fitness courses, exercise science degree programmes and continued professional development for exercise professionals.
- Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Paul Hough, PhD is a Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Science at Oxford Brookes University, UK. He began his career in the fitness industry while studying sport science and strength and conditioning. Paul is a BASES accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist, providing sport/exercise science support to professional and amateur athletes, members of the public, and external organisations. Paul has worked with elite class athletes from several sports, including athletics, tennis and Formula One. Paul has undertaken research projects as a lead and assistant investigator and published several studies within academic journals. His current PhD research focusses on how sleep affects athletic performance. Brad Schoenfeld, PhD, CSCS, CSPS, FNSCA, is an associate professor of exercise science at Lehman College in the Bronx, New York, where he serves as the graduate director of the Human Performance and Fitness program. Brad has published more than 250 peer-reviewed scientific papers on various exercise- and sports nutrition-related topics, and authored the seminal textbook, "Science and Development of Muscle Hypertrophy." He was the recipient of the 2016 Dwight D. Eisenhower Fitness Award, presented by the United States Sports Academy as well as earning the 2018 National Strength and Conditioning Association Young Investigator of the Year Award. He formerly served as Sports Nutritionist for the New Jersey Devils hockey organization.
1. Introduction 2. Evidence-Based Practice in Personal Training 3. Helping Clients to Change 4. Nutrition 5. Health and Fitness Assessment 6. Principles of Training 7. Training Session Design 8. Long-Term Programme Design (Periodisation) 9. The Warm-Up 10. Endurance Training 11. High-Intensity Interval Training 12. Training the Core 13. Resistance Training 14. Training to Improve Body Composition 15. Female Clients 16. Older Clients 17. Pregnant Clients 18. Recovery from Training