- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- illustrated ed
- Mol, Arthur P. J.
- black & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- 234 x 156 x 12 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 340 g
Du kanske gillar
Environmental Governance in China276
This is the first examination of how China is currently dealing with environmental problems and challenges, and of its successes, failures and dilemmas. This new book gives special attention to the development of 'environmental governance' in contemporary China, especially on the urban industrial and infrastructure sectors, showing how the rapid economic growth that has transformed China in recent years has major implications for the environment, as well as future economic development. Leading international scholars explore a range of key issues, including: economic growth and the environment the environmental policy process the legal framework for environmental protection the role of environmental NGOs energy policy water issues biotechnology and GMOs the international dimension. This book shows how environmental policy, politics and governance are core issues posed by China's accelerated economic development. At the same time it analyzes, illustrates and argues that major steps are under way in taking up these challenges. In doing so the book provides an in-depth, balanced and comprehensive assessment of contemporary environmental reforms in China. This book was previously published as a special issue of Environmental Governance.
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Recensioner i media
"This volume is well organized, covers a wide range of issues, is consistent in its approaches and keeps a balance between theoretic analysis and empirical evidence. Bearing in mind the nature of multi-dimensional, interdisciplinary and constant changes in China's environmental governance system, this volume encourages readers to develop their own judgements and even draw policy implications." -Dr. Bin Wu, University of Nottingham
Carter, Neil; Mol, Arthur P.J.
1. Introduction: Environmental Governance in Transitional China 2. Economic Growth and Environmental Protection 3. Environmental Policy-Making Processes in China 4. Environmental Law Compliance in China 5. Urban Infrastructures: Water 6. Industrial Growth and Environmental Restructuring in China 7. Participation, Civil Society and NGOs 8. Energy Policy in China 9. Biotechnology Policy and Biosafety Politics in China 10. Epilogue