- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- New e.
- Cambridge University Press
- Janet, Dine
- black & white illustrations
- Series Number 1 The Governance of Corporate Groups
- 229 x 152 x 13 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 2:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Perfect Bound on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 345 g
Du kanske gillar
V for Vendetta
The Governance of Corporate Groupsav Janet Dine489
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Starting from a discussion of the theoretical underpinning of the place companies occupy in society, this book explores the consequences of adherence to free market contractualist theory, including the lack of regulatory control of a sufficiently robust nature. Professor Dine comments on the absence of a concept of governance of groups from a comparative perspective and considers the consequences of this absence for the conflict of laws. In particular, she highlights the tragic consequences of globalization by transnationals including polarization of income and environmental damage, and suggests a possible legal framework to prevent future damages.
Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar1109
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Janet Dine
Recensioner i media
'The book is an important contribution to the literature on corporate governance. It is of relevance to company lawyers and environmental lawyers and would certainly interest anyone concerned with global issues ... The book is eloquent and passionate and therefore extremely readable. At times its message is disturbing, but Dine intends it to be so. It urges the reader to consider ways of challenging corporate decisions more effectively.' The Modern Law Review
1. Theoretical underpinnings of companies and their governance; 2. The governance of groups: some comparative perspectives; 3. Conflict of laws and the governance of groups; 4. Theories and models of the regulation of corporations and groups; 5. Transnational corporations out of control; 6. A way forward?; Index.