- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- illustrated ed
- Cambridge University Press
- 1 line diagram 15 half-tones 3 maps
- A Concise History of Sweden
- 216 x 145 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 44:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Case Laminate on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 545 g
Du kanske gillar
Paying the Land
A Concise History of Swedenav Neil Kent976
A comprehensive history of Sweden is much needed. Neil Kent's book sweeps through Sweden's history from the Stone Age to the present day. Early coverage includes Viking hegemony, the Scandinavian Union, the Reformation and Sweden's political zenith as Europe's greatest superpower in the seventeenth century, while later chapters explore the Swedish Enlightenment, royal absolutism, the commitment to military neutrality and Pan-Scandinavianism. The author brings his account up to date by focusing on recent developments: the rise of Social Democracy, the establishment of the welfare state, the country's acceptance of membership in the European Union and its progressive ecological programme. The book successfully combines the politics, economics and social and cultural mores of one of the world's most successfully functioning and humane societies. This is an informative and entertaining account for students and general readers.
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt The Art of War av Sun Tzu (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 1035 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Neil Kent
Recensioner i media
Neil Kent is Senior Associate at the Scott Polar Research Institute in Cambridge and Professor at the St Petersburg State Academy of Art, Architecture and Culture. His previous publications include A Literary and Cultural Companion to Helsinki (2004) and The History of Trieste (2006).
1. From the Stone Age to Viking hegemony; 2. The formation and growth of the Swedish state; 3. The territorial consolidation of Sweden; 4. Towards a centralist and military state; 5. The collapse of absolutism and the age of freedom; 6. Royal absolutism restored; 7. Constitutional Sweden; 8. The industrialisation and capitalisation of Sweden; 9. The world wars and Swedish neutrality; 10. Triumph of the Swedish welfare state; Conclusion; Chronology of important events in Swedish history; List of the monarchs and regents of Sweden; List of prime ministers; Selected further reading.