An engaging memoir, packed full of helpful resources!
As a two-year-old, Ann Campanella's daughter barely registers on the pediatric growth chart, rarely naps and has intense stomachaches after eating. Doctors and well-meaning friends repeatedly assure Ann that Sydney will outgrow these issues. But at the age of five, Sydney finally receives a celiac diagnosis.Celiac Mom
charts the course of one mother who is determined to keep her daughter safe from gluten, a substance that is literally poisoning her. A noncook, Ann must figure out how to nourish Sydney and avoid painful gluten exposures. She reveals the ups and downs of creating gluten-free habits revolving around family and friends, holidays, vacations, school lunches, summer camps and more. As Sydney matures, Ann must ultimately learn to let go and allow her daughter to make her own choices in a gluten-filled world.If you are wondering:
- Does my child have celiac disease? Or do I?
- What are the symptoms of celiac?
- What's involved in a celiac diagnosis?
- How does one transition to a gluten-free life?
- Where does gluten hide?
- Are there tips for avoiding gluten?
- How do I support my child?
- What are some ideas for handling school?
- How do we celebrate birthdays and holidays?
- Is it possible to go on a gluten-free vacation?
- Can my child still go to summer camp?
All of these questions and more will be answered by this engaging memoir. Celiac Mom
takes the reader by the hand and leads him/her from pre-diagnosis through the transition to gluten-free living. The book also includes:
- Two weeks of easy gluten-free recipes
- Favorite family recipes from well-loved chefs
- Helpful people, websites and products
- Gluten-free shopping lists
- Ideas for eating out safely
If you, your child, or someone you love has been diagnosed with celiac disease, order or download a copy of Celiac Mom