- Häftad (Paperback)
- Antal sidor
- colour tables, figures
- 231 x 178 x 27 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1120 g
Du kanske gillar
iOS 7 Application Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourselfav John Ray293
Figures and code appear as they do in Xcode 5.x
- Skickas inom 2-5 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Covers iOS 7, Xcode 5.x, iPhone, iPad, and More!
Additional files and updates available online
In just 24 sessions of one hour each, learn how to build powerful applications for todays hottest handheld devices: the iPhone and iPad! Using this books straightforward, step-by-step approach, youll master every skill and technology you need, from setting up your iOS development environment to building great user interfaces, sensing motion to writing multitasking applications. Each lesson builds on what youve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common iOS development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Printed in full colorfigures and code appear as they do in Xcode
- Covers iOS 7 and up
- Learn to navigate the Xcode 5.x development environment
- Prepare your system and iDevice for efficient development
- Get started quickly with Apples Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development pattern
- Visually design and code interfaces using Xcode Storyboards, Segues, Exits, Image Slicing, and the iOS Object Library
- Use Auto Layout to adapt to different screen sizes, orientations, and iOS versions
- Build advanced UIs with Tables, Split Views, Navigation Controllers, and more
- Read and write preferences and data, and create System Settings plug-ins
- Use the iOS media playback and recording capabilities
- Take photos and manipulate graphics with Core Image
- Sense motion, orientation, and location with the accelerometer, gyroscope, and GPS
- Integrate online services using Twitter, Facebook, Email, Web Views, and Apple Maps
- Create universal applications that run on both the iPhone and iPad
- Write background-aware multitasking applications using the latest iOS 7 techniques
- Trace, debug, and monitor your applications as they run
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av John Ray
John Ray currently serves as the Director of the Office of Research Information Systems at The Ohio State University. He has written numerous books for Macmillan/Sams/Que, including Using TCP/IP: Special Edition, Teach Yourself Dreamweaver MX in 21 Days, Mac OS X Unleashed, My Mavericks MacBook, and Teach Yourself iOS 6 Development in 24 Hours. As a Macintosh user since 1984, he strives to ensure that each project presents the Macintosh with the equality and depth it deserves. Even technical titles such as Using TCP/IP contain extensive information about the Macintosh and its applications and have garnered numerous positive reviews for their straightforward approach and accessibility to beginner and intermediate users.
HOUR 1: Preparing Your System and iDevice for Development 1
Welcome to the iOS Platform 1
Becoming an iOS Developer 6
Creating and Installing a Development Provisioning Profile 12
Running Your First iOS App 17
Developer Technology Overview 20
Further Exploration 21
HOUR 2: Introduction to Xcode and the iOS Simulator 23
Using Xcode 23
Using the iOS Simulator 58
Further Exploration 63
HOUR 3: Discovering Objective-C: The Language of Apple Platforms 67
Object-Oriented Programming and Objective-C 67
Exploring the Objective-C File Structure 72
Objective-C Programming Basics 84
Memory Management and Automatic Reference Counting 95
Further Exploration 97
HOUR 4: Inside Cocoa Touch 101
What Is Cocoa Touch? 101
Exploring the iOS Technology Layers 103
Tracing the iOS Application Life Cycle 109
Cocoa Fundamentals 110
Exploring the iOS Frameworks with Xcode 120
Further Exploration 129
HOUR 5: Exploring Interface Builder 131
Understanding Interface Builder 131
Creating User Interfaces 138
Customizing the Interface Appearance 148
Connecting to Code 154
Further Exploration 164
HOUR 6: Model-View-Controller Application Design 167
Understanding the Model-View-Controller Design Pattern 167
How Xcode Implements MVC 169
Using the Single View Application Template 173
Further Exploration 191
HOUR 7: Working with Text, Keyboards, and Buttons 195
Basic User Input and Output 195
Using Text Fields, Text Views, and Buttons 197
Further Exploration 226