- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Laughing Grape Publishing
- 216 x 140 x 16 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 447:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Case Laminate on White w/Matte Lam
- 449 g
Du kanske gillar
David J ChalmersInbunden
Taming the Beast295
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Autoimmune Hashimoto?s is a beast and patients have it hard.
Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar236
But there's exciting and solid patient-to-patient information in putting the beast into remission, found in this Stop the Thyroid Madness COMPANION BOOK called "Hashimoto's: Taming the Beast" This is an excellent and life-changing compilation which fits well with the world-renowned and new "updated revision" Stop the Thyroid Madness: a Patient Revolution Against Decades of Inferior Thyroid Treatment.
Compiled and written by Janie A. Bowthorpe, M.Ed., thyroid patient activist, author, speaker and coach, it presents solid information about many facets of Hashimoto?s, as well as what patients have reported about their experiences, their frustrations, those autoimmune triggers, foods that made things worse and better ways of eating, and ALL THE WAYS they have tamed this autoimmune beast! Success stories galore!
Equally important, Bowthorpe has purposely kept the information to-the-point, yet comprehensive, as well as educational for those who like lots of research--just over 200 footnotes for further reading! She avoids repeated long, drawn-out stories or chit-chat for those who have concentration problems or brain fog and lets YOU decide what you want to read or what you don't. She also includes fun illustrations in each chapter, giving a lighthearted approach to a serious autoimmune topic.
In this informative, detailed, yet concise book, you will read information about:
1) The immune system--how it's good and when it become nutty
2) A 10-point low down about Hashi's in general
3) A chapter with 46 short summaries of research studies about Hashimoto's
4) The genetic factors as well all the dastardly environmental triggers
5) Summary of other autoimmune issues and how many can pair with Hashi's
6) Inflammation--the whys and hows because Hashimoto's can equal inflammation
8) TWO detailed gut chapters--very important to know
9) Stress and your Adrenals--good information that's important for all Hashi's patients
10) Plus....directly from patient reports (the unique and bold part of this wonderful book!), you?ll identify with their frustrations, going years without a diagnosis, and their reports on how they learned to eat, what not to eat, and supplements.
This memorable book concludes with 95 short testimonies on how real live Hashimoto?s patients are lowering their antibodies and moving towards REMISSION, plus a chapter summary. VERY informative!!
This is a hugely solid book that can change your life, just as Janie A. Bowthorpe has done for patients with her website Stop the Thyroid Madness, and her other books. :)
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Janie A Bowthorpe
Recensioner i media
"janie has a wonderful way of presenting information so that any reader can understand it. to have a hashimoto's book written from the patient's perspective is so helpful, and so needed today. i can't recommend it enough! i plan to hand it to every hashimoto's patient i have, as the amount of research janie has done makes it very user friendly." -kelly a. busby do, ifmcp (doctor of osteopathy and functional medicine physician)
preface and acknowledgements
immune system 101: when it’s good, when it’s not
the 10-point low down about autoimmune hashimoto’s disease
hashimoto’s disease: history and stages
genetics and environmental triggers for hashimoto’s disease
interesting research and statistics about hashimoto’s
thyroiditis: the umbrella over hashimoto’s and other autoimmune thyroid disorders
hashimoto’s and the dysfunctional family of autoimmune issues
your gut part 1: the hashimoto’s smoking gun
your gut part 2: dysbiosis, sibo, probiotics, leaky gut
the problem of stress on your adrenals
why do hashimoto’s patients go years without a diagnosis?
problematic foods as reported by patients
40 most frustrating aspects of having hashimoto’s disease: from the words of patients worldwide /
95 testimonies: how patients are lowering their antibodies / heading towards remission /
the journey to remission: you can do it!!
addendum one: let’s talk thyroid medications
addendum two: tsh, the pointless lab test
addendum three: 15 ways to handle stress
addendum four: mthfr / methylation 101
addendum five: how problematic gums and teeth can harm you with hashimoto’s
addendum six: hashimoto’s doctor wisdom