- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Black & white illustrations
- 216 x 140 x 10 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 47:B&W 5.5 x 8.5 in or 216 x 140 mm (Demy 8vo) Case Laminate on White w/Gloss Lam
- 309 g
Du kanske gillar
48 Laws of Power
New Leadership of Civil Society Organisations
Community Development and Engagement615
This book investigates the political, social, and economic dynamics and structures that influence the leadership of Civil Society Organisations at the local, national, and global levels. Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) play an increasingly important role in the political, economic, and social dynamics that shape daily lives across the world. Encompassing a diverse range of organisations, objectives, and activities, the CSO sector is an expansive terrain characterised by dynamic relationships between leaders, agents of action, the communities, and the global challenges that drive their agenda, which span from poverty to climate emergency to injustice to inequalities. Drawing on case studies from Brazil, India, Yemen, Syria, Iran, and Turkey, this book explores the distinct challenges faced by CSO leaders, their current operational practices, and their strategies for future development. The book highlights the roles, contributions, and challenges of young CSO leaders in particular, at a time when they are taking an increasingly active role as agents for change and development. Overall, the book emphasises the ways in which CSO leaders are not only shaped by profound challenges such as Covid-19, but also proactively react and respond. It will be of interest to researchers across the fields of global development, business studies, peacebuilding, international relations, and civil society.
- Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Ibrahim Natil
Ibrahim Natil has published many works, including six books, taught at different academic institutions and worked for many civil society and international organisations. He is a Research Fellow at the Institute of International Conflict Resolution and Re-construction (IICRR) at Dublin City University, the Co-convenor of NGOs in Development Study Group, DSA-UK and the founder of Society Voice Foundation.
1. Introducing New Leaders of Civil Society Organisations Ibrahim Natil 2. Exploring New Concepts and Practices of Civil Society Organisations' Leadership Ibrahim Natil 3. Four-pillars Approach to Effective Management and Leadership: Humanitarian Aid and Development Assistance CSOs Mahmoud Almadhoun 4. CSOs Leaders between Covid-19 and Technology Platforms: Peacebuilding Case Study Bassam Kassoumeh 5. Common Minimum Universe: Role of Youth Leadership in Community Development Vijayendra Kadalabal, Swathi Pottabathini, Kumar Gaurav 6. Women's Movements in Turkey: Patriarchal Authoritarianism from Empire to Republic Fresia Sabeti, Mohsen Moheimany 7. The Tale of Reformism in Iran Nader Ganji 8. The Formation of a Municipal " Third Sector" in Brazil Cicero Augusto Silveira Braga, Mucio Tosta Goncalves, Thiago Periard 9. Constant Swings: Women's Rights Movements in the Era of Islamic Republic of Iran Mohsen Moheimany, Mahdieh Golroo 10. Effective Leadership: Yemeni Local CSOs Elham Raweh 11. Conclusion: Impact and Ways Forward Ibrahim Natil