- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Eojendal, Joakim
- black and white 6 Illustrations 6 Line drawings, black and white 12 Tables black and white
- 12 Tables, black and white; 6 Line drawings, black and white; 6 Illustrations, black and white
- 249 x 175 x 25 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 772 g
Du kanske gillar
Routledge Handbook of Environmental Conflict and Peacebuilding2745
The past two decades have witnessed the emergence of a large body of research examining the linkage between environmental scarcity, violent conflict, and cooperation. However, this environmental security polemic is still trying to deliver a well-defined approach to achieving peace. Studies are being undertaken to find the precise pathways by which cooperative actions are expected not only to pre-empt or moderate resource conflicts but also to help diffuse cooperative behaviour to other disputed issues. The recognition that environmental resources can contribute to violent conflict accentuates their potential significance as pathways for cooperation and the consolidation of peace in post-conflict societies. Conceived as a single and reliable reference source which will be a vital resource for students, researchers, and policy makers alike, the Routledge Handbook of Environmental Conflict and Peacebuilding presents a wide range of chapters written by key thinkers in the field, organised into four key parts: Part I: Review of the concept and theories; Part II: Review of thematic approaches (resources, scarcity, intervention, adaptation, and peacebuilding); Part III: Case studies (Middle East, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Nepal, Colombia, Philippines); Part IV: Analytical challenges and future-oriented perspectives. Enabling the reader to find a concise expert review on topics that are most likely to arise in the course of conducting research or policy making, this volume presents a truly global overview of the key issues and debates in environmental conflict and peacebuilding.
- Specialorder (osäker tillgång). Skickas inom 11-20 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt The Art of War av Sun Tzu (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 2804 kr
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av författarna
Transboundary Water Management and the Climate Change Debate
Anton Earle, Ana Elisa Cascao, Stina Hansson, Anders Jagerskog, Ashok Swain
Recensioner i media
"Professor Swain and Professor OEjendal have assembled the essential reader on environmental security with its leading contributors and accessible presentation. The handbook weaves together the distinct components of this complex topic in ways that are analytically sound and practically useful." Geoff Dabelko, Professor, Ohio University; and Senior Advisor, Environmental Change and Security Program, Woodrow Wilson Center, Washington, DC, USA "The relationships between environment and conflict, both interstate and intra-state, have become crucial topics of scholarly analysis in recent years. Ashok Swain and Joakim OEjendal, through this valuable handbook, offer one of the best compendiums for anyone interested in this crucial subject matter. The scholars and topics they have assembled will make this a great resource for years to come." T.V. Paul, James McGill Professor of international Relations, McGill University, Canada
Ashok Swain is a Professor of Peace and Conflict Research, UNESCO Chair of International Water Cooperation, and Director of the Research School of International Water Cooperation at Uppsala University, Sweden. He has written extensively on new security challenges and democratic development issues. Joakim OEjendal is Professor of Peace and Development Research at the School of Global Studies, University of Gothenburg, Sweden. He has been researching water management for twenty years and has published widely within water management as well as within regionalisation in East and Southeast Asia, and has been specialising in Cambodia studies.
1. Environmental Conflict and peacebuilding: An IntroductionAshok Swain & Joakim OEjendal Part I Review of the Concept and Theories2. Environment and Conflict James R. Lee 3. Transnational Environmental Crime Peter Stoett4. Climate Change and Environmental ConflictsSimon Dalby 5. Environmental Pathways to Peace Ken Conca and Michael D. Beevers 6. Environment, Climate Change, and PeaceRandall Amster Part II Review of Thematic Approaches 7. Post-War Environmental Peacebuilding: Navigating Renewable and Non-Renewable Resources Erika Weinthal and McKenzie Johnson 8. Depoliticisation, Water, and Environmental Peacebuilding Karin Aggestam 9. Climate Change Adaptation and Peacebuilding Richard A. Matthew 10. Environmental Peacebuilding and the United Nations David Jensen and Amanda Kron 11. Revisiting Securitization: An Empirical Analysis Of Environment and Natural Resource Provisions in United Nations Security Council Resolutions, 1946-2016 Peter Aldinger, Carl Bruch, and Sofia Yazykova Part III Case Studies 12. Environmental Peacebuilding in the Middle East Tobias Ide, Vakur Sumer, and Larissa M. Aldehoff 13. Environmental Peacebuilding in Iraq: Restoring the Iraqi Marshes and the Ancient Kahrez Systems in the Northern Governorates Hannah Moosa 14. Are there limits to environmental peacebuilding? A critical reflection on water cooperation in the Jordan BasinAnders Jagerskog15. Environmental Peacebuilding in Liberia Michael D. Beevers 16. Environmental Peacebuilding in Nepal: Lessons From Nepal's Micro-Hydropower Projects Florian Krampe 17. Environmental Peacebuilding in Post-Conflict Colombia Pedro Valenzuela and Servio Caicedo 18. From curse to blessing - How natural resources affect peace and conflict in the PhilippinesColin Walch Part IV Analytical Challenges and Future-oriented Perspectives 19. Environmental Conflict and Peacebuilding in Africa: Connecting Resources, Issues, and Ongoing Governance Initiatives Timothy Adivilah Balag'kutu, Jeremiah O. Asaka, Linda Holcombe, Jason J. McSparren, and Stacy D. VanDeveer20. The role of water diplomacy in peace building Maria Vink 21. Climate Diplomacy and Peace Dennis Tanzler 22. The Role of the Military in Environmental Peace-building Saleem H. Ali and Rebecca Pincus 23. Environmental Resource Governance and Peace: A Critical Review Larry Swatuk