- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- 2 black & white tables 1 black & white illustrations 8 black & white line drawings
- 8 Line drawings, black and white; 2 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, black and white
- 234 x 156 x 14 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 49:B&W 6.14 x 9.21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 363 g
Du kanske gillar
48 Laws of Power
Yuval Noah HarariHäftad
The Great Reset
US Foreign Policy and the War on Drugs
Displacing the Cocaine and Heroin Industry679
This book examines the geographic displacement of the illicit drug industry as a side effect of United States foreign policy. To reduce the supply of cocaine and heroin from abroad, the US has relied on coercion against farmers, traffickers and governments, but this has only exacerbated the world's drugs problems. US Foreign Policy and the War on Drugs develops and applies a causal mechanism to explain the displacement, analyzing US anti-drug initiatives at different times and in various regions. The findings clearly show that American foreign policy has been a major driving force behind the global spread of the illicit drug industry, calling for urgent revision. This book will be of interest to students of US foreign policy, security studies and international relations in general.
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Cornelius Friesendorf
In contemporary missions, soldiers often face unconventional opponents rather than enemy armies. How do Western soldiers deal with war criminals, rioters, or insurgents? What explains differences in behavior across military organizations in multin...
Christopher Daase, Cornelius Friesendorf
This book explores the unintended consequences of security governance actions and explores how their effects can be limited. Security governance describes new modes of security policy that differ from traditional approaches to national and interna...
1. US Drug Policy, Drug Industry Displacement and IR Theory 2. Targeting Turkey and the French Connection 3. Targeting Smugglers Flying over the Andes 4. Targeting the Columbian Drugs Industry 5. Theorizing Drug Industry Displacement and Policy Side Effects 6. Alternatives to the US War on Drugs