1. Introducing Social Psychology
2. Methodology: How Social Psychologists Do Research
3. Social Cognition: How We Think About the Social World
4. Social Perception: How We Come to Understand Other People
5. The Self: Understanding Ourselves in a Social Context
6. Cognitive Dissonance and the Need to Protect Our Self-Esteem
7. Attitudes and Attitude Change: Influencing Thoughts and Feelings
8. Conformity and Obedience: Influencing Behavior
9. Group Processes: Influence in Social Groups
10. Attraction and Relationships: From Initial Impressions to Long-Term Intimacy
11. Prosocial Behavior: Why Do People Help?
12. Aggression: Why Do We Hurt Other People? Can We Prevent It?
13. Prejudice: Causes, Consequences, and Cures
Social Psychology in Action 1: Using Social Psychology to Achieve a Sustainable and Happy Future
Social Psychology in Action 2: Social Psychology and Health
Social Psychology in Action 3: Social Psychology and the Law