- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Lexington Books
- Laskin, Anna A. (contributions)/Anthony, Kathryn E. (contributions)/Cabezuelo-Lorenzo, Francisco (contributions)/Cruz, Joe (contributions)/Freberg, Karen (contributions)/Gilles, Erin E. (contributions)/Halff, Gregor (contributions)/Hether, Heather J. (contributions)/Laskin, Alexander V. (contributio
- unspecified 1 Halftones 2 Graphs 2 Tables black and white
- Illustrations, unspecified; Graphs; Tables; Halftones, Black & White including Black & White
- 231 x 155 x 20 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 9:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Case Laminate on Creme w/Gloss Lam
- 440 g
Du kanske gillar
48 Laws of Power
All About Love
Social, Mobile, and Emerging Media around the World
Communication Case Studies947
15% rabatt med kod CM22 i kassan
Gäller endast idag 28/11 när du handlar för minst 299 kr. Villkor
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Social, Mobile, and Emerging Media around the World: Communication Case Studies is an edited collection of cutting edge research on the practical applications of diverse types of emerging media technologies in a variety of industries and in many different regions of the world. In recent years, emergent social media have initiated a revolution comparable in impact to the industrial revolution or the invention of the Internet. Today, social media's usage statistics are mind-boggling: almost two billion people are Facebook users, over one billion people communicate via What'sApp, over forty billion pictures are posted on Instagram, and over one million snaps are sent on Snapchat daily. This edited collection analyzes the influence of emerging media technologies on governments, global organizations, non-profits, corporations, museums, restaurants, first responders, sports, medicine, television, and free speech. It studies such new media phenomena as brandjacking, crowd-funding, crowd-mapping, augmented reality, mHealth, and transmedia, focusing specifically on new media platforms like Facebook and Facebook Live, Twitter, Sina Weibo, Yelp, and other mobile apps.
Laddas ned direkt1195
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Alexander V Laskin
Alexander V Laskin
The first book to offer a global look at the state-of-the-art thinking and practice in investor relations and financial communication Featuring contributions from leading scholars and practitioners in financial communication and related fields&mda...
Alexander V Laskin
Equips students and professionals with the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to succeed in investor relations and financial communication Investor Relations and Financial Communication is a comprehens...
Recensioner i media
Laskin has assembled an impressive group of global social media scholars, and their case studies offer insights into current and future uses in a time of dramatic change. -- Jeremy Harris Lipschultz, University of Nebraska at Omaha Digital technologies are rapidly blurring the lines between local and global contexts, publics, and issues. Social, Mobile, and Emerging Media Around the World is an impressive collection of case studies that illustrate exactly how this is happening in areas as diverse as politics, sports, arts, entertainment, health, and commerce. Each chapter presents a compelling example of how various actors use social and digital media to achieve their goals while also discussing conceptual questions critical for understanding the role of digital communication in today's interconnected world. Each case study concludes with a set of discussion questions, making the volume incredibly classroom-friendly. -- Anna Popkova, Western Michigan University
Alexander V. Laskin is professor of strategic communication at Quinnipiac University.
1. Adoption of Social Media: A Case of Heads of States Alexander V. Laskin, Anna A. Laskin, and Yasha A. Laskin 2. United Nations Environment Is #WildforLife: A Global Social Media Campaign Gets Personal Heather J. Hether 3. Voting with Views: The Role of Facebook Live in Puerto Rico's Gubernatorial Election Joe Cruz 4. Connecting Hearts and Minds: How Social and Emerging Media Sold the Games and Brought a Country Together Kevin Y. Wang 5. Brand Hijacked: Why Campaigns and Hashtags are Taken over by Audiences Vilma L. Luoma-aho, Mia Virolainen, Matias Lievonen, and Gregor Halff 6. Yelp Reviewers Call Fowl for Restaurant's Menu Switcheroo: A Case Study on the Power of Online Reviews Karen Freberg and Amanda J. Weed 7. MOFAD and #Projectfortune: Optimizing Crowdfunding and Social Media for Museums Alane Presswood 8. Ushahidi: An International Crowdsourcing and Crisis Mapping Platform Kathryn E. Anthony 9. Augmenting Baseball: MLB at Bat Use of Augmented Reality Ryan Rogers 10. A Digital Communication Strategy for Global Domination: The Real Madrid Case Ismael Lopez Medel and Francisco Cabezuelo-Lorenzo 11. Exploring Sana: A Global mHealth Initiative Erin E. Gilles and Swateja Nimkar 12. Mobile Communication in the Bateyes of the Dominican Republic John J. Powers 13. Transmedia is "New Sexy": Case Study of the "Sherlock" BBC Series Transmedia Project Evgeniya D. Malenova 14. The Case of Social Media Censorship in Germany: Public Good or Public Bad? Karen C. Theveny and Joshua D. Phillips Index About the Contributors