Fler böcker inom
- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Pettingale, Tim / Alexander, Joseph
- Black & white illustrations
- 279 x 216 x 4 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 412:B&W 8.5 x 11 in or 280 x 216 mm Perfect Bound on White w/Matte Lam
- 195 g
Master the Soloing Language of Post-Bop & Modern Saxophone Legends on Jazz Guitar
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
Discover Modern Saxophone Licks for Jazz Guitar
- Ready to supercharge your jazz guitar playing with progressive modern saxophone lines?
- Want to play the jazz language of the post-bop modern sax masters?
The saxophone has always been at the forefront of modern jazz and has blazed new pathways of melodic improvisation. So to be an authentic modern jazz guitarist, it's essential to learn the language of the saxophonists who broke new ground to the artform.
Jazz guitar legend Ulf Wakenius had the privilege of playing with many of these outstanding saxophone innovators, including Michael Brecker and Joe Henderson. In this book, he presents a unique modern jazz guitar approach as he teaches how jazz guitarists can learn and apply the language of these legendary saxophonists to create burning licks and solos.
Far more than a "just another lick book" - this is the most practical post-bop modern jazz masterclass you can buy.
Deep Dive into the Saxophone Soloing Language of Coltrane, Brecker and more - All Written and Notated for Jazz Guitar
You'll learn the secrets of 5 iconic modern jazz innovators, along with hundreds of licks, phrases, solos and concepts to break away from clichd guitar language.
You'll master the jazz saxophone language of...
- John Coltrane - a towering figure of bebop, post-bop and modal jazz
- Joe Henderson - the master of phrasing and rhythmic variation
- Wayne Shorter - one of the most powerful and creative voices of modern jazz
- Michael Brecker - a master craftsman who makes simple ideas sound complex and exciting
- Joshua Redman - the most sublimely lyrical of the new generation of players
As well as learning hundreds of great modern jazz licks for guitar, you'll get a detailed analysis of each player's style to understand the thinking behind their licks.
What You'll Learn
This book teaches the central concepts of the post-bop modernist approach and shows hundreds of ways to apply these ideas.
- Over 100 authentic modern jazz saxophone licks written for guitar in notation and TAB
- How to create and apply cutting edge Coltrane patterns to break away from arpeggio soloing
- The sophisticated substitution techniques of John Coltrane and Michael Brecker
- How to combine enclosures, sequences and approach notes to create fresh soloing ideas
- The easy guide to melodic side-steps and other creative ways to add tension
- How to play beautifully constr...
Passar bra ihop
De som köpt den här boken har ofta också köpt Zero Waste Patterns av Birgitta Helmersson (häftad).Köp båda 2 för 420 kr
Har du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av författarna
Martin Taylor's Jazz Guitar Licks Phrase Book: Over 100 Beginner &; Intermediate Licks for Jazz Guitar
Martin Taylor, Joseph Alexander, Tim Pettingale
Du kanske gillar
Book of Earth
Own Your Space