- Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Antal sidor
- Cool Publications
- J J M Amiot
- 210 x 148 x 18 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 25:B&W 5.83 x 8.27 in or 210 x 148 mm (A5) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam
- 395 g
Du kanske gillar
The Art of War
How Uncertainty Affects What We Know, How We Think And What We Feelav Sun Tzu209
What does a 3,000-year-old best-seller have in
- Skickas inom 10-15 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
common with Quantum Mechanics, black holes,
Stephen Hawkins? theory of the universe and current
In a tour-de-force of ideas stitched together by
impeccable research Minds, Brains and Hearts shows
how what we think and what we feel are influenced by
what we know and what we think we know. A key element
in any effort of self-realization, self-knowledge begins by
achieving perspective in who we are and how we got here.
This is a book of big ideas tackled delicately and with
precision. In a breathtaking view of almost 3,000 years
of scientific and cultural history Amerland tackles deep
questions such as:
- Why are we here?
- What does our future hold?
- How do we deal with uncertainty?
- How did those who came before us view the world?
In the process you will find yourself questioning some
of your own assumptions regarding the world around
you and your place in it.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av Sun Tzu
1. THE ANTHROPOMORPHIC UNIVERSE - A magician of little importance known as Bolus of Mendes and his 3,000 year old, runaway best-seller in which he explained "Why we are here." Francis Bacon, the mechanistic Universe of Isaac Newton and the contention that free will is illusory. The Anthropic Principle of Stephen Hawking.
2. THE POWER OF DREAMS - A brief look at dreamworlds and their meanings from Artemidorous to the contentions of physicist John Wheeler. The nature of consciousness. The way we perceive Time and the theory of superstrings and the multiverse.
3. IN THE PLANE OF THE IMPOSSIBLE - Images of the sleeping brain. The dreams of scientists. The Neoplatonists and the etheric plane. Freud, Jungian psychology and the theory of astral travel. Galileo, Gödel and the Complex Plane of mathematics. Mandelbrot, fractals and the magic of the natural world. Crowley's concept of man, the principal of universality, and the etheric nature of Cyberspace.
4. THE MULTI-DIMENSIONAL NIGHTMARE - Man, the microcosm, and Giordano Bruno. The strange connections between Charles II, Dr William Harvey, the discovery of the circulation of the blood, and Descartes which eventually led to a paradigm shift. The correlation of abstract mathematics to a concrete reality, and the establishing of Francis Bacon's scientific principles. Consciousness and the New Physics, Heisenberg and the perceived, ingrained falsehood of reality. Hilbert, Bohr, Heisenberg & Einstein: the clash of the titans in the fight for the answers to the really Big Questions. The beginning of the participatory model of the universe.
5. IN THE GRIP OF A SPELL - How science won over magic an uneasy victory that would later lead to a new rebellion. The advent of the belief in a conscious planet; and the new realities revealed within the nefarious cloud chambers of particle accelerators. The strange beliefs of Indian tradition and the ready-made converts they've found amongst nuclear and particle physicists. The illusory nature of reality.
6. CHILDREN OF A GREATER GOD - The place of religion in both science and magic and the question of the role of a god for the proponents of either discipline. The 'fixing' of reality. Paul Davies and the Big Bang singularity. Carbon life forms and the cyclical nature of things. de Chardin and Tipler and the Omega Point theory that promises to give us god-like powers over the forces of Nature.
7. THE DEVILS IN OUR PAST - The debate about consciousness and its origins, deep, in magic; the Philosopher's Stone, and Jung's theories concerning both. Space, Time, Consciousness and the Bell Theorem. Sagan and his theories concerning the development of the human brain.
8. UNIVERSAL SUPERSTRINGS AND THE INNER SPACE CONNECTION - The link between matter, energy and the mind. Ha...