- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- 1st ed. 2017
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Ballam, Nadine (ed.), Perry, Bob (ed.), Garpelin, Anders (ed.)
- 4 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 298 p. 4 illus.
- 234 x 156 x 19 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 1 Hardback
- 613 g
Du kanske gillar
Pedagogies of Educational Transitions
European and Antipodean Research1960
Finns även som
- Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 199 kr för privatpersoner.
This book presents the latest research on educational transitions from a variety of research traditions and practical contexts set in Australia, New Zealand, and several European countries. It examines, critically questions, and reshapes ideas and notions about children's transitions to school. The book is divided into five parts, the first two of which emphasise diversity and inclusion, with Part II focusing solely on the transition to school for children from Indigenous cultures. Part III explores the notion of continuity, which has been widely debated in terms of its role in the transition to school. Part IV explores the transition to school through the notion of 'crossing borders'. The final section of this book, Part V, includes ideas about future directions for work in the area of educational transitions, and presents the notion of transitions as a tool for change to policy, research and practice. The book concludes with a critical synthesis of the research outlined throughout, including recommendations regarding future research related to educational transitions.
Skickas inom 7-10 vardagar1509
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
1. International Perspectives on the Pedagogies of Educational Transitions; Nadine Ballam, Bob Perry and Anders Garpelin.- Part I: Diversity and Inclusion in Transition to School.- 2. Diversity and Pedagogies in Educational Transitions; Tina Hellblom-Thibblin and Helen Marwick.- 3. Bridging Transitions Through Cultural Understanding and Identity; Linda Mitchell, Amanda Bateman, Robyn Gerrity and Htwe Htwe Myint.- 4. Obstacles and Challenges in Gaining Knowledge for Constructing Inclusive Educational Practice: Teachers' Perspectives; Tina Hellblom-Thibblin, Gunilla Sandberg and Anders Garpelin.- 5. Collaboration in Transitions from Preschool: Young Children with Intellectual Disabilities; Jenny Wilder and Anne Lillvist.- Part II: Transition to School for Indigenous Children.- 6. Transition to School for Indigenous Children; Margie Hohepa and Leonie McIntosh.- 7. Maori Medium Education and Transition to School; Margie Hohepa and Vanessa Paki.- 8. A Social Justice View of Educators' Conceptions of Aboriginal Children Starting School; Lysa Dealtry, Bob Perry and Sue Dockett.- Part III: Continuity and Change as Children Start School.- 9. Continuity and Change as Children Start School; Sue Dockett and Johanna Einarsdottir.- 10. Educators' Views on Transition: Influence on Daily Practice and Children's Well-being in Preschool; Bryndis Gardarsdottir and Sara Margret Olafsdottir.- 11. Creating Continuity Through Children's Participation: Evidence From Two Preschool Contexts; Kristin Karlsdottir and Bob Perry.- 12. Contexts of Influence: Australian Approaches to Early Years Curriculum; Sue Dockett, Bob Perry and Jessamy Davies.- 13. Mathematics Learning Through Play: Educators' Journeys; Bryndis Gardarsdottir, Gudbjoerg Palsdottir and Johanna Einarsdottir.- Part IV: Borderlands, Bridges and Rites of Passage.- 14. Borderlands, Bridges and Rites of Passage; Sally Peters and Gunilla Sandberg.- 15. Educational Practices and Children's Learning Journeys From Preschool to Primary School; Gunilla Sandberg, Kenneth Ekstroem, Tina Hellblom-Thibblin, Pernilla Kallberg and Anders Garpelin.- Part V: Into the Future.- 16. Transitions as a Tool for Change; Aline-Wendy Dunlop.- 17. Pedagogies of Educational Transitions: Current Emphases and Future Directions; Sue Dockett, Bob Perry, Anders Garpelin, Johanna Einarsdottir, Sally Peters and Aline-Wendy Dunlop.