- Inbunden (Hardback)
- Antal sidor
- Kluwer Law International
- Bassiri, Niuscha / Abdel Wahab, Mohamed S.
- Black & white illustrations
- 249 x 163 x 28 mm
- Antal komponenter
- 52:B&W 6.14 x 9.21in or 234 x 156mm (Royal 8vo) Case Laminate on White w/Gloss Lam
- 772 g
Du kanske gillar
International Arbitration and the COVID-19 Revolution2550
International Arbitration and the COVID-19 Revolution
- Skickas inom 5-8 vardagar.
- Gratis frakt inom Sverige över 159 kr för privatpersoner.
Edited by Maxi Scherer, Niuscha Bassiri & Mohamed S. Abdel Wahab
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on all major economic sectors and industries has triggered profound and systemic changes in international arbitration. Moreover, the fact that entire proceedings are now being conducted remotely constitutes so significant a deviation from the norm as to warrant the designation ?revolution?. This timely book is the first to describe and analyse how the COVID-19 crisis has redefined arbitral practice, with critical appraisal from well-known practitioners of the pandemic?s effects on substantive and procedural aspects from the commencement of proceedings until the enforcement of the award.
With practical guidance from a variety of perspectives ? legal, practical, and sector-specific ? on the conduct of international arbitration during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, the chapters present leading practitioners? insights into the unprecedented and multifaceted issues that arise. They provide expert tips and challenges in such practical matters as the following:
- preventing and resolving disputes of particular types ? construction, energy, aviation, technology, media and telecommunication, finance and insurance;
- arbitrator appointments;
- issues of planning, preparation and sample procedural orders;
- witness preparation and cross-examination;
- e-signature of arbitral awards;
- setting aside and enforcement proceedings; and
- third-party funding.
With this timely and practical book, arbitration practitioners and scholars will gain up-to-date knowledge of sector-specific challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and approach arbitration proceedings with an understanding of the most important legal and practical considerations during the crisis and beyond.
KundrecensionerHar du läst boken? Sätt ditt betyg »
Fler böcker av författarna